Jennie E. White
(1856–1936) A lifelong teacher, Jennie began her career in a small rural school near her home, then taught at Porter School, which at that time was in the town of Geddes. She then became the assistant to the late Miss Mary Flanagan, the principal of Delaware School. Jennie served as principal of the old grade school on Magnolia Street until the new school was erected on Bellevue Heights. In the early 1890's she became its principal, serving until 1923 when she retired after 55 years as a teacher in the Syracuse and vicinity schools.
Jennie E. White was an officer of the Women’s Rights Convention and was awarded an honorary degree at the convocation of the University of the State of New York in 1927 in recognition of her outstanding record in Education. From the Syracuse Herald Feb. 4, 1936
Saint Agnes Cemetery
2315-17 S Avenue to Valley Drive, Syracuse, NY 13207